Getting exposure to your online videos is just as important as creating them. With millions of videos being uploaded daily, you’ll need an effective way to stand out from the crowd.
A video marketing consultant is a trained professional experienced in helping companies boost their marketing videos and online presence.
However, video marketing specialists come with a wide variety of skills and knowledge; so it’s crucial to do your homework before choosing one to work with.
Consider the following tips when deciding who is right for your company:
1. Proven Track Record: Be certain to ask for samples and client references. Experienced video marketing consultants typically have no problems providing you with previous work experience and credentials.
2. Strategy and Execution: A competent video marketing consultant should understand the types of strategies that will work for your particular industry and how to successfully execute them.
Ask questions about how the consultant will carry out an effective video marketing campaign. For example, you can ask about SEO optimization, keyword placements, and what social media strategies will be used.
3. Be Cautious of Guarantees: Although we all love guaranteed results, the Internet is a constant-changing environment and the algorithms used to find information online is never set in stone. Therefore, a video marketing consultant who promises you that your videos will stay in the top spot on search engine results forever or that your videos will be the most viewed on YouTube isn’t being forthcoming with you.
It’s an ideal situation, but it’s not something that can ever be guaranteed. A professional video marketing consultant will explain to you how they will increase your views as well as provide a strategically-planned operation on how to boost your sales, but will never promise you things that they cannot deliver.
4. Social Media Experience: Social media marketing goes hand-in-hand with video marketing and a qualified video marketing consultant will not only know all about the major social media sites, but will also have proven experience with social media.
Make sure to ask about plans involving advertising on social media and how your videos will be marketed on the popular social networking websites.
5. Knowledge of Your Industry: It’s a good idea to have a video marketing consultant that understands your industry. Keep in mind that they don’t have to be experts in your field; however, they should at least ask in-depth questions about your company goals, products, and/or services. This way, they can make the best video marketing choices for your business in particular.